[pypy-dev] 1.6 status report

Alex Gaynor alex.gaynor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 21:31:36 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:17 AM, David Naylor <naylor.b.david at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thursday, 11 August 2011 11:08:18 Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > A little status update from my side.
> >
> > I'm trying to get 1.6 out of the door and there are a few things that
> > stand out before we can do it.
> >
> > * Windows situation (a lot of crashes with missing liveness). Also
> > lib-python tests take 10h which is a bit too much IMO (not a new
> > regression though)
> > * OS X situation (missing buildbots, being addressed now)
> > * A bunch of issues that either should be decided we don't care or we
> > do care and fix it.
> > * Missing jitviewer release/demo that I'm doing right now
> > * Alex reported sqlite crashes
> > * random segfault when running trackgcroot, armin, did you have a
> > look? I can do if you don't
>
> Would anyone be interested in the FreeBSD situation?  If so what support do
> you need?  I am currently updating my repository and will report back...

FWIW the sqlite issue is visible randomly on the buildbots, it showed up
today for example:
http://buildbot.pypy.org/summary/longrepr?testname=unmodified&builder=pypy-c-jit-linux-x86-32&build=936&mod=lib-python.2.7.test.test_sqlite
.
 However, I've found that it shows up *always* when running the django
tests.

Alex