[pypy-dev] PyPy download/install page

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Wed Aug 3 03:32:49 CEST 2011

summary: Maciej: please see link to patch for download.html rework (below). David: please see link to page (below) and critique the (very brief) section on installing from a package manager.

details:

Maciej Fijalkowski Sun, 31 Jul 2011 23:13:17 +0200
> I guess [the PyPy wiki situation] is a bit half-hearted.

Personally, I suspect you'd get more contributions from a wiki: HTML feels kinda heavyweight these days. E.g., I had to `tidy` download.html to work with it, then, after reworking the content, spent an astonishing amount of time twiddling div's in download.html to unbreak the "sidepic" buttons. (This may be mostly due to thickheadedness on my part :-)

> Ideally we would like a diff from pypy.org download page to what you
> want to put info there.

OK, the patch.txt is @

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzDAFHgIxRzKZjBkZDZkNjEtZTJhMi00MzlkLThiMjItMGFmNjY3ZmFkOGI2&hl=en_US&authkey=CNCjt7QK

and my version of the HTML is @

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzDAFHgIxRzKMjM0ZDNlNTEtZmYwMi00YmYyLTg5NmItMDc5MDlkOWFmODgw&hl=en_US

Of course the HTML won't format correctly standalone (notably without the CSS), but the content is readable (which is still what counts :-)

HTH, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>