[pypy-dev] PyPy in the benchmarks game - yes or no?

Isaac Gouy igouy2 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 21:03:06 CEST 2011

--- On Fri, 4/8/11, Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com> wrote:

-snip-
> I guess a lot of discussions are about getting some sort of
> consensus. I see this one is so you can know what we think
> and that's it. Well, that comes as a bit of surprise.

I don't know why that would come as any surprise - "Of course, I'll make up my own mind but at least I'll be able to take your wishes into account."

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.pypy/7303

> I think it's super stupid to remove Tracemonkey, LuaJIT and
> PyPy from it, but that's as you pointed out *your* website.
> On the other hand it's good, because people won't cite the
> computer language shootout anymore and those benchmarks are
> more silly than they have to be.

You express both of the contrary wishes that I've heard here this week - you seem to want yes and no :-)

fwiw someone did write - "While a comparison between languages may be interesting, maybe having 1 implementation per language in the shootout would work better." - let's hope at least they are happy now.