[pypy-dev] External RPython mailing list

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 11:39:30 CEST 2010

Hi.

Speaking from a personal perspective here, I would help people write
standalone executables using RPython. This has been tried (even with
success) for small examples and works. However, for most places where
it was tried, it was an ill-chosen tool for that purpose (where slight
python optimizations or using JIT would work equally well) with
RPython having sometimes bizarre limitations that we're not willing to
work on.

The second part (writing Python extensions) I think is not a very good
target, but can be done. However, I don't want people telling me that
I should work on it. If some people want to implement this, they can
get my help.

I think this defines rough outline where I'm (personally) willing to
help or not to help people using RPython.