[pypy-dev] PyPy 1.4 released

Phyo Arkar phyo.arkarlwin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 09:57:26 CET 2010

i got python-magic working , after i installed without easy_install
(easy_install fail because it tried to install ctypes).

Now what is not working is python-lxml , which is very important for my project.

here are the errors:

Running lxml-2.3beta1/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
/tmp/easy_install-Gg3GRA/lxml-2.3beta1/egg-dist-tmp-bwUkM2
Building lxml version 2.3.beta1.
NOTE: Trying to build without Cython, pre-generated
'src/lxml/lxml.etree.c' needs to be available.
Using build configuration of libxslt 1.1.26
Building against libxml2/libxslt in the following directory: /usr/lib
src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:75: error: conflicting types for ‘Py_buffer’
/home/v3ss/pypy-1.4/include/object.h:19: note: previous declaration of
‘Py_buffer’ was here

Had Anyone got lxml working in pypy successfully?