[pypy-dev] cppyy performance numbers (was: ype object 'BlackholeInterpreter' has no attribute 'bhimpl_direct_ptradd')

wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wlavrijsen at lbl.gov
Fri Nov 26 20:05:07 CET 2010

Hi Carl,

>> PyROOT: 48.6
>> PyCintex: 50.2
>> pypy-c: 5.5
>> C++: 0.05
>
> pypy-c without fast path: 5.9 (my laptop seems a bit slower than yours)
> pypy-c with fast path: 0.22
> C++: 0.05

in my case, with patched reflex, using the reflex-branch of pypy with the
libffi changes, I get a number of 0.41 for pypy-c.

So yes, that helped a lot, even when our numbers don't seem to line up, the
overall direction is definitely the way we want it. :) I'll see later when
moving up to trunk makes the numbers the same (on a relative basis at least).

Best regards,
            Wim
--
WLavrijsen at lbl.gov    --    +1 (510) 486 6411    --    www.lavrijsen.net