[pypy-dev] ype object 'BlackholeInterpreter' has no attribute 'bhimpl_direct_ptradd'

wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wlavrijsen at lbl.gov
Thu Nov 25 17:46:48 CET 2010

Hi Anto,

> You said that the benchmark you used is a loop calling a c++ function that
> does nothing. What is the signature of that function?
> If you remember, in interp_cppyy there is a fast path that gives huge
> speedups when calling a c++ function which takes an integer and returns an
> integer, so depending on the signature you get very different numbers today.

yes, but the fast path was disabled (commented out) when updating the branch
with trunk (I needed a few casts in the JIT that were in trunk already, but
not in the branch). It should thus be in addition when it's working again.
(And to be sure, using a float argument makes no difference for the numbers.)

Myself, I'm just working on functionality right now. A factor of almost 10
is already good enough to start working on a functional demo of real code,
given that most of our analysis is I/O bound.

Best regards,
            Wim
--
WLavrijsen at lbl.gov    --    +1 (510) 486 6411    --    www.lavrijsen.net