[pypy-dev] ype object 'BlackholeInterpreter' has no attribute 'bhimpl_direct_ptradd'

wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wlavrijsen at lbl.gov
Wed Nov 24 23:41:40 CET 2010

Hi Carl,

> I told the JIT not to look into TypeConverter._get_fieldptr, see
> revision 79444. Afterwards it seemed to work.

yes ... I now finally have my executable again. :)

Some initial numbers from bench1, which we ran during the sprint, are (and
they are not as accurate as the digits seem to presume):

PyROOT:   62.8
PyCintex: 84.9
pypy-c:   11.0
C++:       0.05

For reminder: PyCintex is Reflex + PyROOT; the number is the difference between
an empty loop and one calling into a C++ function that basically does nothing.
I'm a little surprised b/c I remember that PyROOT was only 2x slower when we
measured during the sprint, but that might simply be improvement in the JIT of
course, and I don't remember the C++ data point to anchor it (although I thought
it was lower than a factor 200), so oh well.

Best regards,
            Wim
--
WLavrijsen at lbl.gov    --    +1 (510) 486 6411    --    www.lavrijsen.net