[pypy-dev] Sandboxing pypy

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Wed Mar 24 11:01:56 CET 2010

Le mardi 23 mars 2010 22:46:50, Søren Laursen a écrit :
> The project I am working with Minimum Intrusion Grid : MiG (
> http://sites.google.com/site/minimumintrusiongrid/) are looking into using
> pypy.
>
> I would like to use it for sandboxing user code in MiG, more specific allow
> the users to develop their own “scheduler” .
>
> The MiG, it self is written in Python so we might even be able to run it on
> pypy.  But right now it is the sandboxing that I am working with.

FYI I wrote a new sandbox project for CPython:

   http://github.com/haypo/pysandbox/

It's currently very specific to CPython: it uses evil tricks to create a read
only view of the __builtins__ super global dictionary.

It's completly different to the PyPy sandbox: if you escape from the sandbox,
you get a full access to all Python functions.

A long description:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2010-February/097701.html

--
Victor Stinner