[pypy-dev] virtualenv support and directory hierarchy

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 11:07:29 CEST 2010

On 19/06/10 11:00, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc wrote:

>> The drawback is that it's a bit non-standard on unix; moreover, if we install
>> pypy in say /opt/pypy1.2, it would be hard to put a binary in /usr/bin without
>> hardcoding the path to pypy1.2 somewhere.
>
> Is it possible to just put a symlink, or a small script in /usr/bin?

yes, the symlink should be possible, as armin also points out. I already
thought about it, but I was not sure that distributions like ubuntu allows to
put a symlink in /usr/bin to something external.  But indeed, looking at my
/usr/bin it seems that symlinks are used a lot, so it should be fine.

So, does this mean that we are going for solution number 2?