[pypy-dev] array performace?

Hakan Ardo hakan at debian.org
Fri Jul 2 09:37:03 CEST 2010

Hi,
I've got a simple implementation of array now, wrapping lltype.malloc
with no error checking yet (cStringIO was great help, thx). How can I
test this with the jit? Do I need to translate the entire pypy or is
there a quicker way?

> there. In case of _rawffi, probably a couple of hints for the jit to
> not look inside some functions (which do external calls for example)
> should also be needed, since for example JIT as of now does not
> support raw mallocs (using C malloc and not our GC). Still, making an
> array module interp-level is probably the sanest approach.

Do I need to guard the lltype.malloc call with such hints? What is the syntax?

--
Håkan Ardö