[pypy-dev] Idea for speed.pypy.org

Miquel Torres tobami at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 4 08:57:51 CET 2010

Hi Jacob,

benchmark descriptions is certainly something that could be improved upon.

As exarkun said, a quick way to get *something* is to just fill out
the description fields for each benchmark. I can happily do that, I
just need a mail containing a list with brief descriptions for all the
benchmarks ;-)

I can even imaging improving it further so that there is a link to
source code (your point 4) or even an info page dedicated to each
benchmark.

Points 2 and 3, as Maciej said, is problematic. Reasons why it
performs better or worse than cpython and how it could be improved is
something that may change fairly often for some benchmarks, which
would be a pain to maintain. And speed.pypy.org doesn't have 3 or 4
benchmarks, it has 25 right now!

@Andy: memory consumption is difficult to measure. I think someone was
looking at how to best measure it?

Cheers,