[pypy-dev] JIT Benchmark on my project Hachoir

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Thu Oct 22 01:43:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

I tried PyPy with JIT on my project Hachoir: extract metadata from MP3, FLAC,
PNG, ... files. Results (lowest time on 5 runs):

 - CPython 2.5.4: 311 ms
 - CPython trunk (rev 75588, 2.7a0): 282 ms
 - PyPy JIT (rev 68646): 817 ms

I tried PyPy (without JIT) some months ago and the result were similar. I'm
using Debain Sid on a Pentium4 @ 3.0 GHz with 2 GB of memory.

---

If you would like to reproduce the benchmark, download Hachoir
(http://bitbucket.org/haypo/hachoir/) and run:

   hachoir-metadata --bench ~/testcase/{usa_railroad.jpg,logo-kubuntu.png,
   08lechat_hq_fr.mp3,hotel_california.flac,matrix_ping_pong.wmv}"

Files come from http://hachoir.tuxfamily.org/testcase/

--
Victor Stinner
http://www.haypocalc.com/