[pypy-dev] Why isn't the PyPy logo Ouroboros(Snake biting its tail)?

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 20:19:11 CEST 2009

Carl Friedrich wrote:

>> dynajite:
>>
>>   - it's for dynamic languages
>>   - it provides you a jit
>>   - it makes your head explode :-)
>
> Funny, but not really a name I would seriously consider. Sounds too much
> like shite...

uhm, my italian mind would never pronounce dynajite like that, but maybe
native speakers of other languages think differently, I don't know. To
mitigate this, we could simply drop the 'e' at the end: 'dynajit', but I agree
that it's much more boring.

About other names, the most obvious and boring alternative is rpyc (for
rpython compiler), but I don't like it too much.

ciao,
Anto