[pypy-dev] pypy-c-jit compilation error

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 01:30:14 CET 2009

On Nov 19, 2009, at 9:55 PM, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc wrote:

> 2009/11/19 Leo Trottier <trottier at gmail.com>:
>> attached --
>> also (more lodgeit abuse): http://paste.pocoo.org/show/151708/
>> Leo
>
> I narrowed the problem to one function.
> copy the attached file somewhere, and run trackgcroot like this:
>
> python translator/c/gcc/trackgcroot.py -fdarwin -t function.s
>
> I'm still trying to understand the control flow of this function
> (there are 68 jumps...)
> and why trackgcroot fails to find the value at the origin of some register.

I just translated pypy-c-jit (now using my new patch, setting -arch i386 instead of -m32) and it worked, although it didn't compile bz2 support (probably a package I installed with macports without the universal variant). Here is the new patch if someone wants to test it more:

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/151790/

--
Leonardo Santagada
santagada at gmail.com