[pypy-dev] AES Implementation in RPython

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 22:13:06 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Olli Wang <olliwang at ollix.com> wrote:
> Hi, I implemented the AES in RPython and made some benchmarks.
> You may want to take a look
> at http://olliwang.com/2009/12/20/aes-implementation-in-rpython/
>
> I know that RPython is designed to write Python interpreter, but the
> translated C performance is really really impressive.
> If RPython could be integrated into normal Python code seamlessly, that
> would be fantastic!

Hi.

There is a possibility to implement this, but none of core developers
is willing to spend time on this. However, you might be interested
that on top of pypy-c with JIT (compiled interpreter, but pypy one and
not CPython), it's over 5x faster than CPython. This is maybe not
150x, but something anyway.

Cheers,
fijal