[pypy-dev] PyPy 1.1 beta release

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 06:42:12 CEST 2009

Firstly I want to congratulate everyone on the PyPy project, you made
real progress from pypy 1.0 to 1.1. I specially liked the cuttings on
features that where not being used. The next sped would be to move
some other stuff out of the pypy repository, like all of lang subtree.

Great and now lets focus on the bugfixes for the best pypy release
ever! (I got this meme from the cherokee releases, they are always the
best cherokee release ever).

About the performance measurements:

On Apr 22, 2009, at 12:24 AM, Ben Mellor wrote:

> I think the original formulation in terms of speed is clear (but
> said the
> wrong thing). Saying something like "PyPy takes 0.8-2x the time
> CPython takes
> to run the same code" is even clearer. Using "slower" and "faster"
> will get
> misinterpreted unless you actually define how you're using them.

+1 This is very clear and is still concise.

A very long discussion for a very simple topic...

--
Leonardo Santagada
santagada at gmail.com