[pypy-dev] py2php

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 14:27:34 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Jurgis Pralgauskis
<jurgis.pralgauskis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to make life easier for writing simple php scripts
> (as I am teaching python and web technologies, but my students (and I)
> complain, that python web hosting is still not widelly affordable).
>
> I imagine, that php is mostly similar to javascript for what's in pypy now
> first I need very basic things: variables, loops, some string_methods,
> echo and read/write to file.
>
> I looked around https://codespeak.net/viewvc/pypy/dist/pypy/translator/js/

This is going to be moved somewhere else as it's not working as we
would expect. Besides, it's translating rpython, not python into JS.

> ps.: another idea:
> can pypy quite easily help to visualize the list (or other structure)
> manipulation for teaching purposes
> it would be kind of watchvariables functionality
> but more the way of https://launchpad.net/algorithms-animator

I think it's easier to do such things in pypy, since you'll write code
that does in in python and not in C. But it's still work - it doesn't
come for free at all. If you want to do it, you can expect to get some
help.

Cheers,
fijal