[pypy-dev] Summer of Code

Jakub Gustak jgustak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 15:34:05 CET 2008

>  What do you all think of these ideas? Are there other ideas around? I
>  know that Jakub posted something a while ago (haven't looked in detail
>  yet, though). In my opinion we should try to avoid "yet another
>  incomplete interpreter implentation" for this year.

I fully agree.

Still, what I proposed was not attempt to create another one, but keep
existing one alive.
It is bothering me, that scheme interpreter is incomplete, but the
problem is, i could not
find a use case for it (except of Thousand Parsecs internal scripting
language - if none
other - faster - scheme implementation available).

So if PyPy is such a nice platform to experiment, let's do it, and
play with different
approaches to implement parallel paradigms, or whatsoever. There is no
need for yet another
scheme interpreter (even complete) if it doesn't have any interesting features.
That's my 3 cents for now.

Cheers,
Jakub Gustak