[pypy-dev] translator.js.test invokes pygame (AKA, yet more annoyances from Scott)

Scott Dial scott+pypy-dev at scottdial.com
Fri Mar 23 11:54:24 CET 2007

Maciek Fijalkowski wrote:
>> There is a bug somewhere in the translator.js.test suite that invokes
>> pygame. I haven't tracked it down but I just thought I'd mention it
>> because I'm sure someone else will know better than me.
>>
> All places should not do this. Hmm... Could you provide more detailed
> info? Thanks for spotting.

Sorry, I could've been more specific. They appear during
translator.js.test.test_main. I decided to do the legwork..
rpython2javascript is the source of the problem. You have conflicting
controlflow for determining whether to use pdb or not. The default value
is use_pdb=True which will override jsconfig's use_pdb option always.
Finally, during an Exception at the bottom debug(driver, use_pdb) will
use the function argument and never the jsconfig value. So, jsconfig is
basically ignored. I think the use_pdb argument needs to go away.

http://scottdial.com/pypy-dev/translator.js.diff

--
Scott Dial
scott at scottdial.com