[pypy-dev] Work plan for PyPy

Janzert janzert at janzert.com
Fri Jun 15 02:28:02 CEST 2007

Antonio Cuni wrote:
[snip]
> I tried hardly to explain that rpython is basically
> only an accident and not very usable, but people are still impressed by
> the 300000% speedup.
> It would be interesting to know if this perception is world-wide or only
> limited to the attendants of my talk (maybe because I didn't stress
> enough the pros of the other pypy goals or the cons of rpython).
>
> ciao Anto

I certainly don't know if it's universal. I do know that the extcompiler
with a time sensitive module I ported to rpython is the only real
practical use for pypy that I have had. I don't have the interest or
time to offer to maintain the extcompiler (only used it for a personal
hobby project which is on the back burner for the moment anyway) and
after getting longs to work in the cpy object space I do appreciate the
pain it may be to maintain.

Janzert

P.S. There is a certain irony that ShedSkin is growing a rudimentary
extension compiler at the moment. :}