[pypy-dev] Design question

Maciek Fijalkowski fijal at genesilico.pl
Thu Jul 26 14:10:32 CEST 2007

I'm approaching "how to make cache failures not crash on you every time
you import anything".

So in short, file like ll_os.py looks right now:

if cache.defined('XXX'):
   TYPE = cache.inttype(...)

register_external(...)

Idea is that if any of the functions involved in creation of external
(cache functions...), show a warning and than create a register_external
stub which will explode if referenced (by ie a specific extregistry
entry). The question is how it should look like than. My idea is:

class Os(registeringclass):
   def register_os_uname(...):

   def register_os_other(...):

and so on. This will create huge indentation. Any other ideas?

Cheers,
fijal

:.