[pypy-dev] revision 45089

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Jul 17 11:57:09 CEST 2007

Hi Simon,

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 06:22:03PM -0700, Simon Burton wrote:
> I found that revision 45089 makes compilation much slower. No idea why.

Thanks for the note.  I fixed it in r45153 after a cProfile run of some
tests - the problem was obscure: the flow object space was taking ages
(about 0.2 seconds for simple functions).  This is because the parser
and compiler instantiation code, which is not needed at all for the flow
space, was actually called many times per function.  And r45089 made
that code take much longer.  It's not a problem in general because it's
not supposed to happen frequently - indeed, it does not need to be
called at all when we use the flow space.

A bientot,

Armin.