[pypy-dev] llvm backend issue on AMD64

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr
Thu Nov 30 13:54:01 CET 2006

(please, don't add me to the recipients when you reply on-list. I'm
subscribed. Thanks)

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 10:36:41AM -0200, Leonardo Santagada wrote:
> At least If I remember correctly what samuele told me is that if you
> really want to use llvm you should be using the cvs trunk version,
> this might fix some bugs for you (or open new ones :-))

Well, the Debian package uses a cvs snapshot from 2006-10-21, and
apparently, llvm does not support AMD64. The support is "hacked back in"
by the package maintainer, so the problem may well be in the toolchain.
(and maybe it's not that usefull trying to get that backend to work on
AMD64 until llvm supports the arch officially)

Reprise et maintenance de sites CPS:     http://www.migration-cms.com/