[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-svn] r24543 - pypy/dist/pypy/rpython/memory

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Mon Mar 20 13:32:14 CET 2006

Hi Christian!

Christian Tismer wrote:
> cfbolz at codespeak.net wrote:
>
>> Author: cfbolz
>> Date: Sat Mar 18 23:36:38 2006
>> New Revision: 24543
>>
>> Modified:
>>    pypy/dist/pypy/rpython/memory/gctransform.py
>> Log:
>> if possible use non-conservative liveness analysis: if the block
>> contains no
>> non-gc ptrs that are not typeptrs (which are immortal anyway) we can stop
>> considering a variable to be live when it is no longer used in the
>> rest of the
>> block.
>

> My head hurts at so many not's.
> Can you express this with less negations?
>
> Should not be unimpossible :-)

of course not. just remove pairs of no/not :-)

"use conservative liveness analysis only if necessary: if the block
contains non-gc ptrs that are not typeptrs (which are immortal anyway,
so we don't have to consider them at all) we have to consider a variable
to be live even when it is no longer used in the rest of the block."

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich