[pypy-dev] [pypy-svn] r30034 - pypy/dist/pypy/objspace/std

Alexander Schremmer 2006a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Fri Jul 21 02:23:10 CEST 2006

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 23:40:01 +0200, I wrote:

>> This looks really good! It shows there are still some major (easy)
>> performance wins in PyPy.
>
> Yes, I measured 35% speedup on richards/pystone on "the other branch" (that
> solely knows this kind of dictionary unlike the current trunk).

OK, newest benchmarks show a stable 32% speedup at richards.py, even
working on the trunk - you just need to enable the strdict flag like this
in the target:

    config.objspace.std.withstrdict = True

This gives the following factors for pypy-c vs. cpython (measured on
pypy2):
Richards: 2.98x as slow
PyStone: 3.5x as slow

Now I am looking forward to have someone building an LLVM/C/Profile guided
opt binary with strdicts enabled :-)

Kind regards,
Alexander