[pypy-dev] question on using ctypes

Jiwon Seo seojiwon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 01:43:58 CEST 2006

> Hello,
>
> Don't know if it helps, but I have already seen this problem:
> sometimes an ImportError can mask another ImportError.
> The code in mixedmodule.py looks like this:
>    try:
>        d[name] = __import__(pkgroot+'.'+name, None, None, [name])
>    except ImportError:
>        d[name] = __import__(name, None, None, [name])
>
> The first call is supposed to be the good one, but if it fails with an
> ImportError, you get the error from the second call.
> Is the ctypes module correctly installed?

Yeah, I think so. (I installed in my home directory, and I think I
properly set up PYTHONSTARTUP and did sys.path.append... in the
PYTHONSTARTUP file.
And, 'p name' in the pdb tells me it's tcc modue. So, I think ctypes
might not be related to this. (but I could be wrong)

Any other suggestions?

-Jiwon