[pypy-dev] Question on snake server test runs

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed Apr 26 19:50:21 CEST 2006

Hi Seo,

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 07:37:38PM +0900, Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
> E       if conftest.option.prettyprint:
> >       AttributeError: Values instance has no attribute 'prettyprint'

It's hard to reproduce because it doesn't depend on the current working
directory, but on the directory specified as the starting point to look
for tests.  One way to reproduce it is:

   in pypy/translator:   py.test -k test_cl

(The -k causes all tests files or names not starting with test_cl to be
skipped to make it a bit faster.)

The reason for the problem is that you're importing the wrong conftest:
the one at pypy level instead of your own.  Your option shows up on the
object pypy.translator.cl.conftest.option, which I think is not the same
as pypy.conftest.option -- at least not always (I'm not sure I
understand the precise logic here :-)

(I had to try things a bit before figuring this out, so now I've just
checked in the result.)

A bientot,

Armin.