[pypy-dev] Re: PyPy - Physical Persons

Beatrice During bea at netg.se
Tue Sep 13 17:52:25 CEST 2005

Hi there

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Eric van Riet Paap wrote:

> Hello Stephan,
>
> Will do that, assuming passport copies will be equally fine.
> But perhaps you can first tell us a little bit more about the current
> situation. From what I read on pypy-funding the whole PP accession seems
> uncertain.
>
> regards
> Eric

Maybe I can try to answer that.
The entire structure of physical persons in Pypy doesnt really fit the
usual profile of consortium and partners. Even physical persons are full
partners and thus need to participate fully in the consortium - being
liable and all, participating in our consortium meetings, admin etc.

This we didnt want for pypydev people contributing to the project so we
created an Association Agreement (AA)in which we specify that our physical
persons have specific limitations on responsibilities and liabilities. This is a
complement to the consortium agreement that all partners sign.

The PO said - when his admin staff started to look at the 2 amendment -
that our AA wasnt "doable" - all partners are full partners in FP6.

What I did (and sent to pypy-funding) was to find an old email from him
where we validated the entire procedure around PP:s (in feb). In that
email he states that it is an internal matter to the consortium whether
there are certain limitations in responsibilities and liabilities, it has
noting to do with rules in FP6.

So Stephan and I talked and I think the best strategy is to push this with
the PO and remind him that he is in conflict with data he himself provided
us while we were working out this procedure. (This was also validated with
the german EU office and their lawyer).

So Stephan is to call the PO (I think/hope he has reached him today) and
to reiterate our procedure, with this old email from him as "artillery".

If they still persist we need to have a meeting with them in Brussels
pronto, this is even more critical than the two amendments in pipeline.
This has to do with our entire strategy and organisation of the consortium
and the connection to the pypy community.

Please rest assured that we will do _a lot_ and will go to great lengths
to get this solved with the Commission as fast as possible. I am very
sorry that this matter is being dragged out like this - you must believe
us though that we thought that our procedure was validated and confirmed.

We are very grateful for you and others who have continued, on private
funding, to join our sprints and contributed huge amounts of work. Pypy
wouldnt be where it is today if it where not for you and others -
contributing despite the EU bureacracy.

Cheers
Bea

Beatrice Düring			Change Maker
Tel: 031- 7750940		Järntorget 3
Mobil: 0734- 22 89 06		413 04 Göteborg
E-post: bea at changemaker.nu	www.changemaker.nu

 	"Alla dessa måsten och alldaglighet.
 	Allt detta som binder vår verklighet
 	i bojor av skam och rep utav tvång.
 	Alla dessa kedjor som binder vår sång.
 	Jag skall slita dem alla i små, små stycken
 	och möjligtvis av resterna göra mig smycken."
 							- hemlig