[pypy-dev] Re: applevel _exceptions.py

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Sun May 8 23:11:07 CEST 2005

Hi Armin,

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 23:01 +0200, Armin Rigo wrote:
> > In addition i wouldn't mind if we allow to modify the __str__ methods
> > directly in the applevel file at least while staying with a minor python
> > version, it's also more straightforward to test via lib/test2 then.
>
> In both case, i.e. whether we write __str__ directly in lib/ or generate
> them from elsewhere into there, it's possible (and a good idea) to write
> a test in lib/test2/.

indeed, and i just commited it, forgot it last time.  Of course, you
have to invoke "tool/_enum*.py" and "mv .. .." each time before you can
test a change (unless you are developing in lib/_exceptions.py and move
the code to _enum*.py later but while doing that i accidentally
destroyed my first impl :-)

greetings,

    holger