[pypy-dev] Parser

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Thu Mar 31 16:19:04 CEST 2005

Hi Adrien, hi Armin,

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 15:01 +0100, Armin Rigo wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 11:24:34AM +0200, Adrien Di Mascio wrote:
> > > Not having a Logilab person at the PyCon sprint was certainly a problem,
> > > given that they should take the lead on the parsing and compiling stages
> >
> > Oh ? Was this fact assumed by everybody ? If so, I think that we've
> > missed that, but we're OK with it as it's probably a good idea in view
> > of WP09 and WP10.
>
> I think we can say so, yes.  Mostly, the rest of the core group didn't think
> too hard about parsing and compiling and kind of assumed that "someone" would
> just drop something in at some point.

All true enough where the latter is what happened at the Pycon sprint :-)
"taking the lead" IMO does not mean that individuals (or
"partners" in EU speak) can decide things completely on their own.
It's more a responsibility thing and involves communication at best
on pypy-dev so that everybody knows what's going on, IRC only goes so far.

cheers,

    holger