[pypy-dev] Regular Expression in PyPy

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Mon Jan 31 10:04:24 CET 2005

Hi Seo,

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 13:39 +0900, Seo Sanghyeon wrote:
> In the checkin message of r8719, hpk wrote:
> > Ok, it seems we had a mix of python 2.4 and 2.3 moduels with
> > slight changes and were borrowing _sre from CPython anyway.
> > So let's back out our changes in pypy/lib and see how far we
> > get (if nobody minds, Seo?)
>
> But I mind! Let me explain this...

Thanks for the explanation.  I have to admit that i am still
somewhat confused by the situation :-)

> Okay, can I back your deletion now? :-)

Sure, go ahead.  It would make a lot of sense, i think, if you paste
your reasoning in your mail into a "README.txt" file in pypy/lib
under the section "regular expression related modules in PyPy"
with date and author :-)  I remember that Anders had better success
regarding some regression tests by just using the plain CPython re.py,
maybe he can mention here some details as well.

cheers,

    holger