[pypy-dev] LLVM backend

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Tue Feb 8 12:27:20 CET 2005

Hi Holger,

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:52:30 +0100, holger krekel wrote:
> i manually redid the last steps above and at
>
>    llvmc -f -O3 simple1.bc -o simple1_optimized.o
>    llvmc: Unexpected unknown exception occurred.
>
> happens but doesn't return exitcode != 0 and so the cmd execution
> doesn't fail properly.  So the original "Bytecode corruption"
> really means it can't find the file i think :-)

I just removed the usage of llvmc so if that was really the problem
it could work now. The only llvm tools that genllvm now uses are
llvm-as (which works in your case) and llc (produces native code).

On the other hand I really doubt that the only reason for the
failure of llvmc is the fact that the frontend is missing: I
compiled llvm without the frontend yesterday and llvmc worked.
Has anyone else tried this and experienced the same behaviour?

Regards,

Carl Friedrich