[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-svn] r8967 - in pypy/dist/pypy: lib tool

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Feb 8 11:45:32 CET 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 07:58:04PM +0100, tismer at codespeak.net wrote:
> Log:
> added class NiceTranslate for compilation of dynamically
> generated methods, see _classobj.py .
> The generated code objects have correct source info
> instead of just "<string>"

Funny how often we reinvent this particular wheel!  That's at least the third
way to work around this limitation of exec/compile that we have in PyPy.  The
first one should be removed, the second one is dyncode from the py lib, the
third one is yours.  My guess is that we need a very simple one that we use
systematically for all of our dynamic compilation needs in PyPy, which
interfaces nicely with dyncode but does't require the py lib to be imported
outside of debugging code.

Armin