[pypy-dev] pypy-sync back again thursday 1pm

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Wed Aug 31 20:29:45 CEST 2005

Hi again,

so the heidelberg sprint wears off and just when
you thought things were getting relaxed here is
the next pypy-sync meeting invitation :-)

pypy-sync developer meeting 1st September

Time & location: 1pm (30 minutes) at #pypy-sync

Regular Topics
====================

- activity reports (3 prepared lines of info,
  LAST/NEXT/BLOCKERS).
- resolve conflicts/blockers

Annotated Topics of the week
=================================

Recap of discussed development areas until October

At the meeting at the heidelberg sprint we listed a few areas
that deserve developing focus in the next time:

- bringing the compiler to good state, Arre and Samuele
  will try to help and discuss with Ludovic. The idea
  is to have the compiler effort almost done before the
  October Paris sprint and get rid of the various
  temporary hacks we have around.

- cleanups in various areas should be tackled, in
  particular

  - the translation driving (translate_pypy.py and friends) and

  - improved test/reporting support.

Anything else that we want to list explicitely?
Like lifting the number of Pystones? :-)

Paris Sprint announcement

We need to check what the status of the Paris
sprint announcement is as it should go out
this week.  Topics as discussed at the end
of the heidelberg sprint:

    - threading and GC
    - refactoring/translation features
    - start on JIT/optimizations/stackless

Let's reconfirm/extend this and then make sure
that we have it out by the weekend.

Preparation/Moderation Next pypy-sync meeting

There is the idea to rotate pypy-sync meeting preparation and
moderation between developers.  So who would like to do some
preparation and the moderation next time?  It would be great
if we had at least 3 people who shift between them unless we
just want to do alphabetical order :-)