[pypy-dev] whitespace policies

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sun Apr 24 14:51:08 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 08:28:21PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> Now my question is, do we want to "enforce" or at least
> state in our coding-style document one policy or the other?

I'm not too concerned about a few dummy diff entries, even though I'm usually
avoiding to kill trailing whitespace.  I don't see the point of strict
policies as long as the source code base is roughly consistent, and I think
that it is.  This is both about trailing whitespace and indentation -- I mean,
we know that indentation is 4 spaces and we all follow that rule

By contrast I'd not enjoy enforced editor configurations, and really despise a
monster check-in that would render svn blame useless (which, I may add, I find
extremely useful to find not necessary who but when and with which log message
a particular line was written).

Armin