[pypy-dev] svn error -- is this one on codespeak or mine?

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Wed Nov 24 15:06:32 CET 2004

Hi Laura,

[Laura Creighton Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 12:20:39PM +0100]

> I'm now happily at home.  But when I did an svn up on my home local pypy tree I
> got this:
>
> ... long list of expected good updates ....
> U  branch/src-new-utest/std/path/local/api.py
> U  branch/src-new-utest/std/path/local/local_test.py
> A  branch/src-new-utest/std/path/local/local.py
> U  branch/src-new-utest/std/path/local/_posix.py
> D  branch/src-new-utest/std/path/local/xxlocal.py
> D  branch/src-new-utest/std/_package_test.py
> D  branch/src-new-utest/std/_package_.py
> Updated external to revision 7654.

This shows two things:

- the svn server works

- you are probably using a very old branch

are you trying to checkout pypy?  If so then you might
want to try to move your current pypy src-directory away
and cleanly checkout with something like

    svn co http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/trunk/src srcpypy

(and if you are trying to checkout the py lib then this comes
with pypy's src-directory anyway)

cheers,

    holger