[pypy-dev] Pygame graph viewer

Günter Jantzen nc-jantzegu at netcologne.de
Thu May 13 20:59:03 CEST 2004

> Hello,
>
> I've been hacking on a Pygame-based viewer for the control flow graphs.
> See pypy/translator/tool/pygame/graphviewer.py.  The idea is to display
the
> graph as computed by 'dot', but more interactively.  The hard part was to
> figure out where, in the image, each variable name actually is on the
screen;
> now you can move the mouse around and when it is over a variable name you
see
> the corresponding annotation, inferred by the new stuff in
pypy/annotation/.

> The goal is to clean up and link it to the annotator a bit more, so that
you
> can see it while it progresses (as if doing a step-by-step debugging).  I
> guess it would be quite a useful debugging tool, aside from being
> presentation-friendly :-)
>

> A bientot,
>
> Armin.

Hello Armin,

it's a pity, that I will not be at Europython this year. I think your
presentation will be a highlight of this conference!

For text output and user interfaces on top of Pygame take a look at Sean
Riley's PyUI
http://pyui.sourceforge.net/
However, it seems, that the latest development is for the Windows platform
only.

Actually I did not use PyUI. I only read the description in

Sean Riley. Game Programming with Python
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1584502584/ref=ase_lowthcom-21/202-6545448-9339031

Seems to be a great book.

Guenter