[pypy-dev] iron python was released

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Sat Jul 31 11:23:48 CEST 2004

[Bob Ippolito Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 06:26:28PM -0400]

> On Jul 30, 2004, at 11:24 AM, holger krekel wrote:
>
> >just in case you missed it (i know i did so far), IronPython
> >has been released: http://www.ironpython.com/ on 28th of
> >July.  It is an (incomplete)  port of Python to the Common
> >Lanuage Runtime (CLR) of Microsoft's .NET.  And the author, Jim
> >Hugunin, will begin to work for Microsoft on 2nd of August
> >(read more about it on the web site above).
> >
> >If anyone has tried it out already feel free to share your
> >impressions. So far, I only skimmed the source code (c#) a
> >bit because it doesn't seem to be easily runnable on linux.
>
> Well it's easily runnable on OS X if you have mono installed.. so I
> would have to imagine it's easier on Linux.

yip, it does run with mono 1.0 on linux.  However, as Robin
mentioned, the Console easily gives errors and segmentation
faults, even.  I first thought that this indicated that it
wasn't running properly at all. But running some scripts and
pystone works.

has anyone actually re-compiled the c# files into an
executable on linux? I just used "mint bin/IronPythonConsole.exe".

cheers,

    holger