[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-svn] r5606 - in pypy/trunk/src/pypy: module objspace/std

Ben Young ben at transversal.com
Thu Jul 22 17:20:11 CEST 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 16:14, holger krekel wrote:
> Hello Ben,
>
> [Ben Young Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 04:07:55PM +0100]

> > > I don't understand how you managed to check this in... for one thing,
> > > I'd already done it, and for another, cpythonobject is dead on the
> > > trunk!
> >
> > Sorry, I guess I didn't introduce myself properly. Holger Krekel gave me
> > an account on codespeak after we had a number on discussions about the
> > implemention on complex objects in pypy. I'm sorry if I have done the
> > wrong thing! Apart from the __r...__ methods the problem was that complex
> > objects appearing in the consts section of the bytecode were being
> > wrapped as cpythonobjects (as they were at the time) rather than
> > producing instances of the class in __builtin__module.py. This was
> > producing lots of weird effects ( 1+2j == complex(1, 2) => False ). Now I
> > am not sure what the fix should have been!
> >
> > Sorry if I have caused any confusion. I won't commit anything again until
> > I have talked it over more fully!
>
> Actually i should have checked your commits and supported you
> some more.  But we have a few EU project negotiation turmoils
> going on so i didn't really get to any coding recently.

Thats ok. Amost as soon as I decided I would dedicate some time to learn more
about pypy  and see if there was anything I could do to help as load more of
my "proper" work came up and it turned out I had time to do very little! At
the moment it seems to be quite hard to keep up with some of the changes as
some major subsystems still seem to be a state of flux, so I may go back to
being a bit of a lurker until it is obvious what I can do to help!

Cheers!

Ben
---