[pypy-dev] Improved Unit Test Framework

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Sun Oct 19 15:42:40 CEST 2003

>>> Peter Hansen wrote
> > > [me]
> > >  - improvements to unittest itself
>
> Just what would those be?  I still haven't heard a single useful
> improvement.  There must be some (at least, that's obviously what
> a lot of people feel), but what are they?

The unittest improvements I have in my local tree are all pretty minor -
I've made the output of an assertRaises failure more meaningful, that sort
of thing. At some point I'll go through them and figure out which ones
should be in the stdlib, and submit as an SF patch.

While I'm not _entirely_ happy with the standard unittest module (it seems
to me like I spend a lot of time writing boilerplate code - this is something
python's supposed to make better...), it's hard for me to point to a solution
that is obviously "better".

Anthony