[pypy-dev] W_XxxObjects

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Jun 16 17:48:03 CEST 2003

Hello Holger,

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 05:22:44PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> (...)
> doesn't but instead the "i < j" is typically performed as
>
>         space.unwrap(i) < space.unwrap(j)

Now I understand your point about the context in built-ins. Things like "i <
j" automatically unwrapping their arguments are bad ideas. In this specific
example, I was thinking that the argument would enter the function as a plain
int in the first place (or r_int, which is just a Python 2.1-style of int, one
that overflows), not that the " < " operator would know anything about the
W_IntObject class.

Armin