[pypy-dev] Pythonic

Günter Jantzen jantzen at netcologne.de
Fri Jun 13 23:09:10 CEST 2003

Armin Rigo wrote
"It would make the PyPy code slightly less strictly-typed, i.e. more
Pythonic
:-)  and as we will need the translator at some point (probably soon) we may
rest confident that typing bugs will eventually be caught by this analysis
phase."

Every language has its own strength.
A very good language will be even good in domains for which it was not
designed in the first place

Python is useful, understandable, dynamic, expressive  and not restricted

Restricted Python will be different from Python
It will be restricted and still be useful, understandable, dynamic and
expressive.
But not as dynamic as Python.

Its strength will be, that it can be translated.
For this purpose it will have some (not much) static, strict and
declarative elements.

Every little tag, every annotation will change the language.
We should be aware of this.  Maybe restricted Python will be rewritten
sometimes.
Because we need a good design.