[pypy-dev] Someone changed the wiki FrontPage to an old version

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Thu Jul 17 12:30:26 CEST 2003

[Armin Rigo Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 11:20:48AM +0200]
> Hello Holger,
>
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 01:35:51PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> > > I keep an interested eye on the PyPy project, and I have just seen
> > > that the wiki's FrontPage is considerably shorter than a few days ago.
> >
> > Hmmm, it seems that some search engine (inktomisearch) has traversed
> > the site and "tried" the revert links.
>
> I receive automatic notifications of Wiki changes; I am a bit surprised to
> have been lately receiving several notifications each day, all about the front
> page.
>
> I would strongly suggest to be sure that following random links cannot
> interfere with the Wiki content. I tend to think that *no* action should
> *ever* be triggered by mere links, but only by form buttons (preferrably POST
> ones).

Problem is that this is rather deeply in the moinmoin code and i am not
sure i want to mess with it at the moment.  It is strange, though, that
all other search engines seem to ignore those particular links
except in the recent case.  If anybody cares enough please open an
issue in the tracker and assign it to me.

cheers,

    holger