[pypy-dev] [ann] Sprint to Minimal Python

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Thu Jan 23 08:41:42 CET 2003

holger krekel <hpk at trillke.net> writes:

> Goals of the first Minimal PyPython Marathon
[...]
> - try to write platform dependent Assembler/C-code that
>   enables doing C/Machine-level calls from Python without
>   extra C-bindings.

So I can expect people to improve the ctypes module even further ;-) ?

Note that recent ctypes already works on Windows, Linux and MacOSX:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ctypes

Not yet announced, because the docs are not up to date...

Thomas

PS: And no, I don't have time to come to the sprint it seems.