[pypy-dev] Re: How to translate 300000 lines of C

Edward K. Ream edream at tds.net
Mon Jan 20 10:01:02 CET 2003

> I already announced some concern in a recent message.
>
> [Edward, I need you for this, at least for advice!]

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Whenever I am confronted with a problem that seems big, ugly and messy I
devote myself to trying to find a way of avoiding it altogether.  I suggest
you do the same, focusing on what it is that pyco does at "runtime" to
discover optimizations.

Sorry if this sounds a bit like the Delphic oracle.  The only advice I can
give is to change your point of view so that a) somehow the problem goes
away or b) somehow you can use already existing tools to make it much
easier.  Actually, you've done both in your original post. I would simply
encourage you to keep doing that :-)

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edream at tds.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines