[pypy-dev] From PyPy to Psyco

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sun Jan 19 20:51:55 CET 2003

Hello Edward,

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 09:36:22AM -0600, Edward K. Ream wrote:
> 3. Modify Python's logic (it may be possible to do with a simple patch
> written in Python) so that Python looks for .pyp files and loads them as
> needed before looking for .pyc files.  I believe this can be done very
> quickly.

I am not convinced by the whole .pyp idea, but it can certainly be
experimented with.  I regard it as an optimization only --- which might be
very worthwhile, but that's not the point.  We should avoid any kind of
optimization at all for the current Python-in-Python interpreter.
Similarily, there is no need to support .pyc files to claim CPython
compatibility.

Armin