[pypy-dev] Seeking Minimal Python Project Name

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Wed Jan 15 04:42:53 CET 2003

Delaney, Timothy wrote:
> A radical proposal.
>
> Python implemented in Python becomes the reference version. As a result, it
> is called 'Python'.
>
> The C implementation offically becomes 'CPython'.

You are absolutely right!
This is what I really want to achieve,
and I do believe that python-dev is not
against it, if it really turns out to be
*the way* into the future. We can only know
that by coding. (And you are invited hereby).

So what this ridiculous name seekig is about
(besides obvious entries into search engines,
which is appreciated), is only a code name
for the current project, provided that we will
have *great* success.
Sure I'd want this, but this goal is 100.000
lines of Python code away from us, believe me!

Nobody should underestimate this project.
I would nominate it for at least 7 man years.

your's sincerely -- chris

p.s.: I cannot do more than 3 in one