[pypy-dev] IRC chat

Lalo Martins lalo at laranja.org
Tue Feb 25 12:12:06 CET 2003

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 06:10:35PM +0100, holger krekel wrote:

> > I think the idea of setting up an IRC channel has been mentioned several times
> > here and at the sprint, but as far as I know nothing concrete occurred.  So
> > unless somebody would prefer another server I suggest irc.freenode.net:6667,
> > #pypy.
>
> i just joined but how do we make this channel permanent?  Armin, if you can
> then please join, so we can discuss this online :-)

It may be that Pypy didn't yet reach the point in development
where my skill and experience may be useful; however, I'm a very
experienced IRC user and works requires that I stay on IRC all
the time I can (and when I'm not, I leave my client connected,
with the nickname "lalo[out]").  Therefore I volunteer to run
the IRC channel.

I took the liberty of registering the channel.  If the project
leaders who want the operator flag would send me their
nicknames, I can set them up with ChanServ.  (But you need to
register your nickname first with NickServ.  Look for me in the
channel if you don't know how to do that.)

[]s,
                                               +----
--
            Those who trade freedom for security