[pyOpenSSL-Users] a question about OpenSSL.crypto.sign()

Gio Zhu imesgio at gmail.com
Sat May 24 02:55:39 CEST 2014

Hi, all!

I am using Python3.3 along with "pyOpenSSL-0.14-py3.3.egg".  "cakey.pem" is
the key of the CA that I generate on my win7 PC using openSSL. But when I
run the program in Eclipse, it just stucked in "key =
load_privatekey(FILETYPE_PEM,
open("C:\\Users\\Gio\\SSL\\gioCA\\private\\cakey.pem").read())" giving no
reponse or errors.

Then I run it with command line, an error just occurred saying "TypeError:
initializer for ctype 'void *' must be a cdata pointer, not str". Later I
googled some documentations, and read some codes at the same time. But
there's some differences in the call of function sign(). In a documentation
of pyOpenSSL 0.14 defines OpenSSL.crypto.sign(key,data,digest). However, in
the local file "crypto.py", sign() is defined as sign(self,pkey,digest).

Which version is right?

Yours respectfully,

South China University of Technology,

Guangdong, China,